About The Position
WebCargo digitizes global freight sales for over 2,000 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers. Or, in plain English, we help move the world, offering incredible technology that powers almost a third of the global air cargo market. We’re not alone either. WebCargo is a proud part of the Freightos Group,, a logistics technology company that’s raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
WebCargo is an equal opportunities employer and we make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally. Webcargo currently collaborates with associations that strive for social inclusion and support people with some type of disability to access and continue in the labour market. For this reason, we would like to encourage people with disabilities to apply for this role. If this is your case, you will be required to provide an official disability Certificate (>= 33%).
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Accountant to join our phenomenal team to handle the financial aspects of our Barcelona business unit and help us change the outdated freight industry. Count on it.
The Finance team of Webcargo business unit is part of a global team and responsible for the business unit's accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. You will be based in Barcelona, and you will work both with the Barcelona team and remotely with our team in Jerusalem.
Sounds exciting? Okay, it might not. But when you’re building a billion-dollar company, the finances get exciting. Fast. More zeros tend to do that.
- Hands-on managing all the transactional operations including Invoicing, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting. Support month-end and year-end close processes along with our senior accountant (including but not limited to provisions, accruals, rev-rec , FX etc) in order to prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- It’s a wild world - you’ll keep it less wild by coordinating with other Freightos entities to ensure correct recording of intercompany balances.
- Help to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Review tax filings, VAT submission and government reporting requirements. Cause no one likes spending time in court, right?
- Additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures..
- Like 1.5 billion people on planet earth, Freightos works in English. You’ll need both written and verbal English fluency, in addition to Spanish.
- Do you already have this description filed somewhere? Good. You’ll need strong organization skills, speed, accuracy, excellent customer service, and written communication skills.
- You love Excel. Or at least really, really like it. Good level in Excel and internet savvy.
- Knowledge of IFRS will be valued.
- ERP accounting systems and platforms (NetSuite and other local accounting software)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process