Chief of Staff
About The Position
Do you know what unites the phone you're reading this on, that amazing pair of glasses you’re grandmother sometimes wears, and the designer shirt you wish you were wearing? Global freight.
Yep, freight. It's a trillion-dollar industry, with 90% of all goods imported by ship...and the rest imported by air. It’s big, important (just think back to the toilet paper shortage of the mid-2020s), and shockingly offline. Or at least it was. The Freightos Group is bringing importers, exporters, freight forwarders, airlines, and ocean liners online, connecting them on the world’s leading global freight booking platform. This isn’t just something cool to tell someone at a bar; every single week we help thousands of shipments move around the world faster and more efficiently.
Turns out it’s kind of a big deal. As one of the largest tech platforms for a huge industry, we’ve been crushing it with double-digit growth, year after year. Other companies talk about it but we - quite literally - move the world. And that’s helping our company as we plan to go public on the Nasdaq in early 2023.
But that takes a boatload (zing!) of coordination. So the incredibly complex symphony that is Freightos Group is looking for a Chief of Staff (CoS) for our CEO to serve as our conductor. This is a pivotal role at the beating heart of an outstanding team. No, we see what you’re thinking - this is not an administrative role. As the Chief of Staff, you’ll be intimately familiar with the core company objectives… and help bring them to life. You’ll be in the leadership team meetings and you’ll proactively help our leadership team coordinate with each other to achieve objectives and priorities. In other words, you will have a direct and immediate impact on the company’s success. As a CoS, you will ensure execution of the business strategy, streamline strategic initiatives, take a few deep breaths, and then communicate and coordinate objectives between departments. Long story short, you’ll perform a wide range of projects and leadership initiatives on behalf of Freightos Group CEO. This is exposure at the very top…and you’ll make it happen. Did you get goosebumps? Cause we just did.
The CoS should support the CEO in ensuring that the company has a clear strategy, and that all executives and initiatives are aligned with the strategy and tracking relevant KPIs
- Rolling out OKR or a similar framework
- Coordinate annual and quarterly strategic planning process resulting in clear and agreed upon:
- Objectives and Key Results
- Growth targets for existing product suites
- Prioritized initiatives for future growth and milestones for evaluation
- Follow up with BU, Product Suite and initiative owners to ensure that they have plans and resources in place to reach the targets and milestones
- Ensure that they have tracking mechanisms and produce monthly reports for each initiative and goal.
- Identify risks and divergence from the strategy and work on actions required with the CEO and exec team
- Special projects: There may also be specific projects initiated by the CEO, for example helping integration of an acquisition, helping CEO prepare for events
- 5 years of experience managing complex projects with multiple teams in diverse cultures.
- Highly analytical with the ability to define and analyze KPIs and diagnose problems
- Exceptionally organized, able to multitask and follow up accurately
- Great English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to facilitate senior managers horizontally in a diplomatic way.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage high-pressure situations.
- Adaptable and fearless with a Can-Do attitude 🙂
- Previous working experience as Director of business operations, CEO Chief of Staff, senior project manager, or as COO or CEO of a small company
- Location - Jerusalem, Hybrid
- Travel - Expect to travel once every 1-2 months to work with different internal stakeholders
- Full-time position