HR Manager- North America (USA & Canada)
About The Position
Do you know what unites the phone you're reading this on, that amazing pair of glasses you’re grandmother sometimes wears, and the designer shirt you wish you were wearing? Global freight.
Yep, freight. It's a trillion-dollar industry, with 90% of all goods imported by ship...and the rest imported by air. It’s big, important (just think back to the toilet paper shortage of the mid-2020s), and shocking offline. Or at least it was. The Freightos Group is bringing importers, exporters, freight forwarders, airlines, and ocean liners online, connecting them on the world’s leading global freight booking platform. This isn’t just something cool to tell someone at a bar; every single week we help thousands of shipments move around the world faster and more efficiently.
Better box shipping starts with bits and bytes. And that, of course, depends on people. We’re looking up from our computers, hunting for an outstanding HR Manager in North America to join our Global HR team and put the HR back in H-E-R-O. You’ll recruit top talent and help provide an exceptional employee experience from the first interview until the sad day comes that they leave, having left the world a better place. Our dream candidate (aka you) will be a perfect people person, managing compensation, benefits, engagement, professional training, performance management, and employee relations to help retain team members, enhance our company culture, and build an employer brand that makes people go “wow”. Twice. And if you can juggle, we’d like that too.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the team's full employee life cycle – from recruitment, through onboarding, and career development to offboarding.
- Excellent abilities to manage end-to-end recruitment cycles. You can source the needle in the haystack, interviewing and onboarding to perfection. Of course, it’s never easy, so you’ll develop and implement creative recruitment strategies, from working with university career centers to putting the first freight container in space (okay, maybe aim a little lower than that...).
- You’ll develop and implement core HR processes. You know, the regular day-to-day work that brings joy to your life (like talent acquisition, onboarding, talent management, performance evaluation, compensation & benefits, employee relations, etc.). And it will be consistent with company culture.
- We unite the world with freight and global HR together with global strategies. You’ll help implement the global HR strategies in North America so that employees can focus on the freight.
- We’re pretty big fans of keeping the law. You’ll ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards, as well as benefits & payroll administration and compliance.
- Act as a business partner, and as senior HR advisor/consultant to the team.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Proactively assess the team and organizational needs and root causes, make recommendations, guide informed decision-making, and implement appropriate solutions.
- At least three years of experience being a superstar recruiter and HRBP. 35 months is okay too. We’re cool like that.
- Knowledge in US labor law.
- Familiarity with Paid Leave laws. (Esp. WA, OR & NY)
- You’re the first face of the organization and should have outstanding job interviewing, assessment, and consulting skills.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, with high attention to detail and organization skills. Like, you noticed we missed an “i” in “detail”.
- Ability to work independently without going crazy, and design/optimize work processes.
- We want to be friends. You’re a strong relationship builder and influencer at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and results-driven with a "can-do” attitude.
- Wielding a razor-sharp planner, an organizing calendar, and time management that would make Tim Ferriss jealous, you’ll have outstanding organizational skills that help you work on multiple projects simultaneously and stick to assigned timelines
- Like 1.5 billion people on planet earth, Freightos works in English. You’ll need both written and verbal English fluency.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience in a hi-tech startup environment.
- University degree in Psychology, Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of Canadian labor law.
- Experience working with diverse teams. We’re about as diverse as they come.
- Passionate about providing world-class customer service, preferably in a creative or technical environment or (fingers crossed) a combination of both!
- You don’t know how to code but you do know how to recruit for technical roles. You know enough not to bring a Pascal programmer for a Java role (or any role really).
- Full-time position (with flexible hours to meet business needs)
- Location: East Coast, USA or Montreal, Canada
- Reporting to: VP HR, and dotted line to Site Managers