Product Support Engineer
About The Position
Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s... and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of companies worldwide, we’ve raised over $100 million from top tier investors, including strategic industry leaders, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight in the process.
But it’s our product that gets our customers excited (well, that and cake). And part of that is our support. Which is, as you expected, where YOU come in. As a Product Support Engineer you will be our superhero technical expert on all our products, where you will use your expertise (superpowers) to turn our customers’ issues into ancient history. Our technology is what they see every day; you’re the person they turn to when they need support. And you’re damn good at it. Seriously. Like, really good at it.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- We help our customers move goods (even ingredients for cake!) around the world, You help them by being the front line for the customers around the globe.
- Learn and know our products like the back of your hand so that you can answer customer questions and guide them through the system’s features and functionalities. Come to think of it, better than the back of your hand. Think about it - how well do you actually know the back of your hand?
- Acknowledge and resolve incoming customer inquiries sent through Emails or chats so well that they’ll be sending you flowers next Valentine's Day
- Use different methodologies to investigate issues, identify root causes, implement needed solutions, and take action items to prevent issues from recurring.
- Grab those Tarot cards. You’ll anticipate customer issues and address them proactively
- Build customer support KPIs, share them with customers, and take data-driven action items based on these reports. Listen to some Spotify beats and then do it again.
- Escalate system or customer issues to internal teams. You’ll be working alongside our development, SRE, Product, Customer Success, and Data Services teams to provide customer support across different business units. Hey, maybe they’ll bring cake to a meeting. We’re kinda big on the cake thing.
- Ensure providing excellent service standards by applying best practices
- Create needed documentations to share knowledge internally and externally. Everywhere, really.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science or relevant IT background OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Oh Romeo...you don’t need to be Shakespeare but English proficiency is absolutely required alongside excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- As you can imagine, we’re pretty big on tech. We’re looking for self motivated folks who got The Power to learn new tools/technologies independently.
- Detail and process-oriented and organized and don’t mind when we use the word and instead of commas.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts which are planned ahead of time by the team in order to provide around the clock support. Each engineer is assigned to the night shift for about one week every month, during which engineers work from home. Night shifts run from 19:00 to 03:00. Cool if you eat cake during that shift. We do.
- Ownership to work independently.