Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $94 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the seven year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. We’ve changed that for hundreds of thousands of users who have used our digital freight marketplace, for over half of the world’s largest logistics providers, who use our tech internally, for Alibaba.com, who run a “Powered by Freightos” freight marketplace, and for countless other logistics professionals.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
But there’s a reason that if you forget an “e”, “freight” turns into “fright”. Quality assurance matters.
Are you a rare, motivated, passionate Quality Assurance Engineer who dreams about debugging the same way Rafeal Nadel dreams about the perfect serve?? Do you turn to technology to solve problems instead of Stack Overflow? Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative, and fast paced growing software company? Do you value delivering highly scale-able and the highest quality software? Do you want to get involved in a research based company? Do you want us to stop asking questions and just start finding bugs?
Freightos Ramallah is looking for a super-motivated Quality Assurance Engineer with experience working in an agile environment. Not motivated enough? See how important the stuff we build is and you will be. An ideal candidate (aka “you”) would be embedded into a development team and act as a quality advocate and mentor for other team members to advance the software to the next level of quality and scalability. How? With a personality that blows us away, combined with the skillset to design, create and implement test cases and quality requirements, automate testing and drive scalability. It’s great if you also like to play FIFA but we’re flexible on that.
Roles & Responsibilities
- We ship fast. So we need someone who can create and maintain tests within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Providing a substantial contribution into or the ownership of a context-driven test strategy for the product;
- Coordinating test planning, preparation, design and execution tasks;
- Working to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues;
- Working to design and implement functional and nonfunctional tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behavior (these can be both automated or manual tests);
- Devising mechanisms for collecting test metrics that can be used to provide accurate, meaningful, reporting;
- Accurately assessing the risk of development changes and reflecting this in test activities accordingly;
- You don’t need to be Winston Churchill but you will need to clearly communicate on all test related matters to various stakeholders on the product (both technical and non-technical);
- Able to adapt and react to the changing needs of a product and delivery demands, as well as pre-emptively implement change to improve delivery.
- Assisting the team in any other activities as the need arises (i.e. gathering requirements, designing, developing, releasing, supporting, etc...).
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. We love people who learned international relations or business...but this probably isn’t the job for them.
- At least 3 years work experience is software testing. Playing that weird Call of Duty update doesn’t count.
- Solid experience in Jira or similar issue tracking systems.
- Experience in Testing Frameworks like Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber and development processes like TDD, BDD will be considered as a strong plus.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Minimum one year programming experience with Java or other object oriented languages.
- Experience in Security and performance tests.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.