Financial Operations Associate
About The Position
While 90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped by the trillion dollar freight industry, freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, lacking online automation and pricing transparency. Freightos is automating online freight quoting, with an industry leading freight marketplace.
When it works, it works well. Which means getting paid (yay!), paying our vendors (yay but a little less yay) and keeping everything ticking along like a freight-driven money machine. And for that….we need a Financial Operations Associate.
Role and responsibilities
- Our vendors tend to like to get paid. And to do that, you’ll own uploading vendors' invoices to our ERP system (which is Netsuite, in case you were curious).
- Payments: Assist our team preparing our payables twice a month and complete payment uploads to different payment platforms. Making sure to be impressed when you see just how much business we’re generating for our awesome freight friends.
- Bookkeeping: Create bill payments in our ERP system (Netsuite again - nothing’s changed since the first line).
- Feeling like an accounting doctor? You’ll oversee accounting health and reporting across daily PO billings and Vendor Statement of Account proofing.
- Time is money. Well, it’s not. But it can cost money, which is why you’ll need to perform all tasks based on our SLAs.
- “Where’s my money?!”: Reply to internal and external customer inquiries.
- “WHERE IS MY MONEY?”: Properly handle and forward escalations to the next level.
- Help execute all refunds on the different payment platforms and follow up cases to completion with our customers.
- Create cash deposits in our ERP system (Netsuite).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Beyond the language of finance, you’ll need fluent English (written and spoken).
- Accuracy, attention to detil. Like, you just noticed the typo in detail.
- Good time and stakeholder management skills.
- Disciplined to follow given processes.
- Office Suite proficiency. Solid knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets. And VLOOKUPs. You gotta love VLOOKUPs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Prior work experience in Financial Operations or in an Accounts Payable role.
- Familiarity with different payment platforms and online platforms.
- Experience in a multilingual and multicultural working environment.
- Full-time position
- Working days: Sunday through Thursday
- Start Date of Position: Immediate