About The Position
Freightos.com is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything around you is shipped or flown from other countries (even the screen that you’re looking at right now). But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s (along with Atari, WalkMan, and Windows 95).
We started by automating the world’s largest global logistics providers - over half of the Top 100 logistics companies are customers of our pricing and booking automation platform, WebCargo. Then we launched the world’s largest freight marketplace - the Expedia for Freight. Over 200,000 companies are already there.
And we’re just getting started. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
Cars need gas, guitarists need strings, photo apps need filters...and freight tech needs data. Lots and lots of it. We manage over 2 billion price points and we do it well. We help our customers turn their data (freight rate quotes) into insights, structuring it, importing it into the system, and letting our application do the magic.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be the magical link that makes it happen. How? Simply, you will convert the format of rate quotes which we receive from our customers into a format that is compatible with our system, using some coding skills (Python), and scripting languages. Do your job well and we’ll release 12 white doves whenever you walk into a room. Do it wrong and the global economy will crash (okay, we're exaggerating).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive, analyze, and ensure that the up-to-date commercial freight data you get from logistics companies is perfect.
- Convert customer data into business-required format.
- Quality control and assurance of data. You’d be shocked how often people write zeros instead of Os.
- Understand Freightos’ product, its features and functions, and how we party on employee birthdays (a lot).
- Be the face of the company (or the voice) when you communicate with data owners at the logistics’ companies.
- Write and edit scripts and algorithms to automate data ingestion like a pro.
- You know Excel so well, the paperclip asks for help from you.
- Ability to program in any modern programming language (Such as C++/Java/Python).
- Demonstrable ability to debug, discover and fix errors in code.
- Attention to details. You will be be dealing with huge data and a lot of numbers, so paying attention to details is a must. For example, you noticed the extra “be” in the previous sentence.
- Serious, serious English $killz. It’s cool if you’re not William Shakespeare, but excellent English verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Problem solver. Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team, with a high degree of self-management.
- Team player. Just because you love data doesn’t mean you don’t love working with people too.
- Sense of initiative and ownership.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and execute assigned tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and conditions in line with business needs.
- Working days: Sunday-Thursday
- Full time position