FinTech Software Engineer
About The Position
While 90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped by the trillion-dollar freight industry, freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, lacking online automation and pricing transparency. Freightos is automating online freight quoting, with an industry leading freight marketplace.
When it works, it works well. Which means getting paid, paying our vendors and keeping everything ticking along like a freight-driven money machine.
And for that….we need a Fintech Software Engineer.
Role and responsibilities
Freightos Financial Engineering team is seeking a passionate Fintech Software Engineer to build a brand new financial integration infrastructure. You will be part of a team who will use state of the art technologies including Google cloud technologies, Kafka, and Apache Camel to build a reliable payment integration infrastructure that can handle thousands of transactions simultaneously. This infrastructure will enable Freightos to scale with business growth.
In this position, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of different microservices orchestrated together to manage the money flow between different payment gateways, ERP, and different eBooking platforms.
If you are passionate and like to participate in building a large-scale solution then this position is for you.
- Extensive programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C# including Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD).
- Practical experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Practical experience with ERP/Billing and payment systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with solid knowledge in computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with cloud computing specially Google cloud.
- Experience with Reactive programming (ReactiveX).
- Experience with Hexagonal Architecture and Microservices.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems.