PHP Software Engineer
About The Position
We have an amazing year ahead and for this reason, we are expanding our team in the south of Spain to work remotely along with our awesome R&D Teams in Barcelona and other sites. Keep reading!
WebCargo, digitizes global freight sales for over 2,000 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers.
We’re part of the Freightos Group, a logistics technology company that’s raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight. And if you think that’s cool, you’re going to think the rest of this is plane awesome (see what we did there?). We’ve had double-digit growth year after year and are looking to further expand in one of the biggest cargo freight markets; the Good ol’ US of A ( and Canada too!). Uncle Sam wants you… to digitize his cargo.
We’re looking for PHP Software Engineers to join our growing Barcelona R&D team. The perfect candidate will be one who can drive stellar results developing back-end components and supporting the front-end developers.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for incredibly complex features that require guru-level Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise. WebCargo sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of developer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions.
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll be responsible for the software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build and maintain).
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs, and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in PHP with over 3+ years of experience making computer magic happen.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid EU work permit
- Good prior work building and configuring monitoring tools
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes
Webcargo Spain will be able to employ only EU citizens that are based in Spain.